This eight-month program is designed for undergraduate students, graduate students, and early career professionals (one to three years). The program starts in October and ends with a celebration in May. The mentoring program allows experienced public health professionals to impact public health mentees' career and professional development positively. Students and early career professionals will have the opportunity to network and explore a variety of public health careers.
Mentor Qualifications and Expectation
- Five or more years of experience in the field of public health.
- Educational degree in public health or related field.
- Member of the New Hampshire Public Health Association before joining the mentoring program.
- Ability to meet once per month with a mentee.
- Ability to attend three events throughout the program, which may take place during a portion of the workday.
Program activities depends on the availability of the mentor and mentee. Mentors can train, motivate, share advice, provide direction, set goals, coach and support mentees. Here are some ideas:
- Guidance provided for possible conversation topics or suggested activities
- Possible questions and discussion topics provided throughout the program
- One to two days of job shadowing
Don't hesitate to contact the NHPHA at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject, please type "Mentoring Program"
NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION (NHPHA)
4 Park Street, Ste 403
Concord, NH 03301
(c) 2022 NHPHA. All Rights Reserved.